Apple launched its iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina display tablets in the Indian market today, bringing its latest products to the country soon after their global launch. The company held a launch event in New Delhi for the two tablets.
The iPad Air is the new full-sized tablet in Apple's portfolio and will be on sale alongside the two-year-old iPad 2. New features of the latest Apple tablet include the 64-bit A7 chipset, thinner profile and refreshed design.
The second-generation iPad mini comes with major upgrades over its predecessors, mainly the Retina display and the latest 64-bit A7 processor.
The prices for the 9.7 inch iPad Air starts at Rs. 35,900 for the base model 16GB variant without cellular connectivity and goes right up to Rs. 65,900 for the 128GB variant with built in LTE. The iPad Mini with Retina Display on the other hand starts off at Rs. 28,900 for the 16GB version with WiFi and goes up to Rs. 58,900 for the 128Gb WiFi + 4G LTE model.
iPad Air Pricing
- 16GB, WiFi only – Rs. 35,900 | WiFi + 4G – Rs. 44,900
- 32GB, WiFi only – Rs. 42,900 | WiFi + 4G – Rs. 51,900
- 64GB, WiFi only – Rs. 49,900 | WiFi + 4G – Rs. 58,900
- 128GB, WiFi only- Rs.56,900 | WiFi + 4G – Rs. 65,900
iPad Mini with Retina Display
- 16GB, WiFi only – Rs. 28,900 | WiFi + 4G – Rs. 37,900
- 32GB, WiFi only – Rs. 35,900 | WiFi + 4G – Rs. 44,900
- 64GB, WiFi only – Rs. 42,900 | WiFi + 4G – Rs. 51,900
- 128GB, WiFi only-Rs. 49,900 | WiFi + 4G – Rs. 58,900
iPad Air will compete against the likes of Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 edition) and Sony Xperia Tablet Z in the Indian market. Rivals of the Retina iPad mini in India include the second-generation Google Nexus 7 and Samsung Galaxy Note 510.